Join the global conversation
Commonwealth Businesswomen’s Academy
Following extensive consultations with key stakeholders since the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in Perth in 2011 including women in business, policy-makers and the private sector as well the World Bank IFC, CBW has established the Commonwealth Academy for Women in Business. This has several key features:-
• Working with leading international service partners who will be responsible for content
• Only focus on three modules in the first phase – procurement, entrepreneurship and women on boards
• Between 70-100% of content will be delivered online
• Each module to run broadly in tandem for 9 months
Initial learnings and outcomes from the first programme will be shared at CHOGM in November 2015 in Malta as proof of concept with Governments and the private sector invited to support to roll out and develop across the Commonwealth over the next 15 years to prepare, position and propel women to achieve economic empowerment
- Following the overall aim of Commonwealth Businesswomen, the Academy seeks to provide an environment that supports women at all stages of their business journey and business growth and celebrates the economic impact businesswomen have throughout the Commonwealth.
- The Academy recognises the need to support, train and mentor women from start-up through to mid term, through to exit and thereby create a cyclical pattern whereby those who have been invested in, invest back into the business community.
- The Academy is an academy of peers. A global network that challenges and supports. It is peer group that is designed to create the business and thought leaders of tomorrow.
- Through its online ‘Business Exchange’ trading platform it provides the opportunity for businesswomen to trade across the Commonwealth, to seek partnerships and collaborations and promote their businesses globally.
The Academy has 4 strategic areas:
- Investor Members identify the part of the business journey they are on and use the support, training and mentoring available with that particular business level. They can navigate to the next level as their business grows giving full access to the ‘BusinessExchange’ trading platform at all stages.
In each strategic area there will be support, training, mentoring and signposting in 6 key areas:
- Financial Intelligence
- Business Intelligence
- Born Global – International Trade (includes social media and technology for global markets)
- Personal Branding
- Board Readiness In acknowledging success an Annual Commonwealth Businesswomen’s Award Ceremony will be held providing a range of opportunities for women to celebrate their success and promote their companies.
Initial modules on procurement, entrepreneurship and export readiness have been exclusively developed with world leading service providers.
Commonwealth Businesswomen (CBW)
Strengthening the Commonwealth. Building Businesses. Advancing Women. 53 Countries. One Platform.